Still Loving: Lucite Coffee Tables

It’s one trend that’s not going anywhere (thankfully)

Elizabeth Sullivan's bachelorette pad

[ Modern 24/7’s Elizabeth Sullivan’s Bachelorette Pad ]

I’ve been spotting this stunning lucite coffee table in magazines and blogs and friends’ houses, and found myself lusting (again) after a lucite coffee table of my own. Browsing around, of course one would be led to The Paris Apartment, and one would be completely enamored by their selection!

The Paris Apartment Moderne Chinoise lucite table

[ Moderne Chinois lucite table ]

The Paris Apartment Mystique lucite table

[ Mystique lucite table ]

The Paris Apartment DuBarry lucite table

[ DuBarry lucite table ]

The Paris Apartment Le Cirque lucite table

[ Le Cirque lucite table ]

But at $2900+, I was relieved when a friend told me she scored hers at Wisteria for a much more wallet-friendly price. (And even more afforable, score one for $600 at PreviewMod.com.)

Wisteria acrylic glass coffee table

[ Wisteria’s acrylic & glass coffee table ]

cb2 peekaboo clear table

[ CB2’s peekaboo clear coffee table ]

Has this table been around forever or what? Is it time to move on? I’m not totally sure, especially when one sees these pretty pics…

Palmer Weiss

[ Palmer Weiss ]

Michelle Adams living room via Lonny

[ Michelle Adams via Lonny ]

via decorpad

[ via decorpad ]

mdesign plan b office

[ plan b office by m. design ]

Kishani Perera via decorpad

[ Kishani Perera via decorpad ]

These were my thoughts as I stumbled upon this roundup from the September 2005 issue of Domino on Chateau de Lu. Amazing to me that these pieces are still so relevant. (Equally and perhaps more amazing that Domino is not around to make this point. Sigh.)

Domino September 2005 lucite via Chateau de Lu

Want to get a little more spendy? There are so many great vintage options on sites like 1stdibs.com…

1stdibs craig vandenbrulee lucite mirror top coffee table

[ Craig Van Den Brulle lucite mirror top coffee table ]

1stdibs square lucite table

[ square lucite table on 1stdibs ]

Even though I have Lucite lamps, and candlesticks, and a tray, and a magazine stand, I’m still loving Lucite, how ’bout you?

…xoxo

kittykat@gmail.com' kat says:

Absolutely! And I have that Wisteria table in the first pic! So excited to see it here ~

madelyn.orfitelli@gmail.com' Madelyn says:

You’ve seen Christina’s LR now, right? Make her send you the pics. It looks so great.

3. I’m not over lucite yet and if I didn’t already have the ghost chairs in my dining room I would be jumping on a lucite coffee table. Great photos!

elizabethneworleans@hotmail.com' elizabeth says:

I will never tire of lucite. I think it is a classic staple, as long as it is thick and heavy and well made. While you may score a bargain on the cb2, I don’t think it looks as rich and you will tire of it more quickly than the others. I will never give up my lucite!
    -e (modern24seven.blogspot.com)

1. So true — I struggle with the fact that I should probably just pick one major furniture piece to be lucite and there are just so many good options out there!

eycasler@hotmail.com' emma says:

love love love lucite and this post~ was thinking of getting a coffee table but don’t think I could handle the constant muckiness of little fingerprints and yogurt smeared all over!! would probably send me to a mental home! ha ha ha
    xoxo
    E

1. come to me Please ^)(^ we are the manufactory to produce those items
      If you are interested in those items,please feel free to contact us for more details,my contact information as flows:
      skype:king203344
      Email:acrylicproduct@foxmail.com
      Cellphone:86 13528733257

sherryhdesigns@aol.com' sherry hart says:

Dang…I am so wanting a lucite coffee table…why oh why do they have to be so expensive???? Might just have to break down for the CB2 beauty!

ladyrain21@hotmail.com' Renee says:

I think Lucite is becoming a classic; it goes with everything and makes a room appear “bigger” than it is b/c of the transparency; I have a few lucite decor items but opted for the glass version of the waterfall table as it doesn’t scratch as easily and I love it of course!

pfundementals@yahoo.com' carla says:

Have you seen the lucite waterfall table on ebay? It’s a great price and the comments are great about the product–all rate the table very high.

9. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    karlita.borrego@gmail.com' Karlita says:

I love lucite coffee tables! I have one!… and I swear I was looking for images for my Mondays post about “My cb2 lucite coffee table” and then found this amazing post! … I have some images that you didn’t post so I think I will post them as I planned, but please don’t think I copied! it will be just about MY cb2 coffee table.. not many different kinds of lucite tables :) happy almost friday!

1. Aha, we also have the same item here,actually,those items are made by our factory here in China.

10. Hello to all, the contents existing at this web site are in fact awesome for people experience, well,
    keep up the nice work fellows.

11. Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing such things, therefore
    I am going to tell her.

12. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    joann.kilgallen@yahoo.com' Joann Kilgallen says:

Do you know who has a waterfall table that is only l2″ W and 20″H? It could be done in
    clear glass or clear Lucite. The glass or
    acrylic should be approx. l/2″ thick.
    I have a glass one like that & want another one that same size. Thank you.

13. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    Lynnecy@aol.com' Lynne Teich says:

I am looking for a Lucite shelf and or Lucite brackets. Do you have any idea where I can find it. Thank you

14. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    anniecesta@rogers.com' Annie Cesta says:

I am looking for lucite side tables for my family room, can you please tell me where I can find them.

15. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    anniecesta@rogers.com' Annie Cesta says:

Hi there, I am from Canada and am trying to find retailers who sell Lucite Acrylic Side tables and am having a hard time. Any idea where I can buy them from?

16. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    lachlanlindeman@yahoo.de' Russell says:

You should use distinct colored icing, or else you may possibly also acquire Halloween cookie and cake developing kits on the nearby craft shop which can be full of enjoyable formed sprinkles, precolored frostings,
    and adornments which you could add. You will have
    a much lower fat content as you trim more fat for the drying
    process, and also avoid MSG, sodium and other byproducts that are ingredients in commercially made jerky.
    And since each cookie cup is baked in its own little wrapper,
    they’re ideal for bake sales and party trays.

17. I truly lov your website.. Exceellent colors & theme. Did you develop this site yourself?
    Please reply back aas I’m planning to create my own personal website
    and want to know where you got this from or what
    the theme is named. Kudos!