If you’ve been following along for a while, you know I kinda get into throwing a shower (see vintage chic shower and orange/gray shower, par exemple). This time I get to help with a bridal shower for my sister-in-law, and since I am a co-maid/matron of honor, you KNOW I had to bring it. Thankfully, the other bridesmaids have been really cool about letting me run with it — great timing too, as I was definitely feeling creatively drained last week with that retreat, conference, and two big deadlines. This was just what I needed to get those juices flowing again!
Since her wedding will be at the Nixon Library, and she’s going for a slightly 60’s retro theme (dusty aqua/champagne/white/gold), I chose to use her aqua and add a fun, mod, citrus color scheme. I found my inspiration in the “Citrus Fruits” print by Rifle Paper Co. — aren’t the colors amazing?
From there, everything came together:
- We are already doing a Mimosa Bar (with grapefruit and orange juices), so why not add a signature cocktail? Perhaps something like the above, or in the lime-mint-basil department?
- The dress and styling by Trina Turk could not be more perfect. Definitely “of the period” without being too kitschy, right?
- I highly doubt our budget will allow for such amazing floral arrangements as these, so perhaps peachy/coral flowers and lemons in vases? Citrus = chic, colorful, and cheap!
- Can’t get over how darling this vintage fabric garland is (found here)! I think it adds just enough whimsy.
- One of the bridesmaids is making cake pops (yum!) and I thought how cute would a tag “He popped the question!” be?
- Another bridesmaid will be making sugar cookie favors (the best ever!)…design to be revealed.
- Music – Bossa Nova, Rat Pack, Pink Martini, 60’s cocktail party…def.
- Napkins – a Target find, but of course!
- Mrs. tumbler – she’ll never lose her glass, and we’ll never leave it empty.
- Lawn Flamingos – ok people, really excited about these. I have a little surprise for these two love birds. ;o)
Other details need to remain a secret, on the off chance the bride sees this beforehand!
And if anyone knows where I can find a party tablecloth in that dusty aqua (tough color!), I will be forever grateful!