BLACK+WHITE DINING Breakfast Nook

Gray Malin Prada Marfa “Legs (Black and White)” print, $199+  // pendant, $129 (sold out online) // acrylic chair, $264/pair // sheepskin, $29.99 // charger, $110  // plate, $40  // Reiko Kaneko drip mug, $28 // round table, $199 // wood console with drawers, $499  // Limoges porcelain jug, $187 (similar, $19)  // silver horn bowl, $48  // overdyed rug, $199+

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I’ve been helping a friend with her new place. The scheme thus far has been all about neutral texture and mixing modern and rustic. I’m continuing that theme into the breakfast nook that’s attached to an all-white kitchen with carrera marble countertops and white subway tile backsplash. Black & white is always a colorway I can get behind, especially with some wood or something rustic mixed in, as in these fab spaces…

And of course, two of my favorites…

Jenna Lyons

Estee Stanley

As tempting as it is to redecorate, lucky for me, I get to live vicariously through my friend!

(Have you noticed, it follows my “5 pieces to a great room” formula?)

See my concept board for the rest of the house here >>

Photos via 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 & 8 (Domino Magazine)

1. love the pieces you highlighted and the inspiration images! Can I tell you how I drove up to Ikea this weekend for some sheepskins and they were all out? this was such a bummer.

Lauren@stylizedexistence.com' Lauren says:

I am in serious love with all of these…. especially that first photo with the huge animal head. so chic!

yjwashington@comcast.net' YOLONDA says:

I love every piece, especially the art and light fixture.
    ?, Londa
    designroundup.blogspot.com

4. this place is going to be so chic! What a lucky friend.

Oh and I agree- black and white looks so good with a bit of wood thrown in to soften it.

chelsea@bucketsandbunches.com' Chelsea says:

Love these picks. I think they look amazing, especially with a bold mix of texture. I just have a hard time retraining myself from color! xo

lily@goldandgray.com' lily says:

Always a perfect mix. You can never go wrong with black and white. Love the chair with the sheepskin and the rug!!

xxLily
    goldandgray.com

dulaneyalison@gmail.com' Alison says:

I love this! I think that the addition of the black and white striped rug does it for me, those interiors are just gorgeous!

bettina@thekinas.com' Bettina says:

Beautiful color scheme. I love the rug you have in the inspiration collage and the striped rugs in the home shots.

9. I am in love with black + white as well…there is just something about it that is so classic and timeless. I don’t think I will ever get tired of it! That West Elm light is fab!!

10. I LOVE the Gray Malin Prada Marfa photography!!! I want it!!!

elizabethneworleans@hotmail.com' elizabeth says:

love love love the rug – hope you are gonna show pics when you finish!
    xoxo -e (modern24seven)

12. i’m such a color lover, it is so difficult for me to be disciplined with a neutral palette– but my boyfriend would be all about this!

xoxo

13. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    myrnadobbin@hotmail.com' myrna says:

This look is so up my alley, you have no idea! Black and white is my thing and I almost bought the docksta table last week, then chickened out because I want the Saarinen instead…I just love what you did!

14. I’m a big fan of black and white decor – if only I was better at keeping stuff clean and not messy!

15. Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/erikabre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-author-image/easy-author-image.php on line 209
    demetrius.walston@gawab.com' Demetrius says:

My brother suggested I may like this website. He was totally right.
    This publish actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!