ROOF WITH A VIEW Rooftop Bars Around the World

La Terrazza, Ferragamo’s Continentale Hotel, Florence

When traveling to a new city, do you find yourself at hip hotel bars? Without really realizing it before, I think I do. Perhaps it’s because upscale hotels invest in location, location, location, as well as supreme design talent to create well-crafted spaces that attract the jetset type. And in the heat of summer, it’s no surprise that one would flock to outdoor and rooftop bars. Because really, what feels sexier than a sparkling city view with a cosmopolitan crowd, loungey DJ, and good design? Check out these internationally known hot spots and take note for your next adventure…

Aer, Four Seasons Mumbai

Sky Bar, Bangkok

Luna Tapas Bar, Rosewood San Miguel de Allende Hotel, Mexico

Ristorante Bramante, Raphaël Hotel, Rome

GB, Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens

Mikla, Marmara Pera Hotel, Istanbul

Juvia, Miami

Le Panoramique, Chamonix, France

The Standard, NYC

Mamilla Hotel, Jerusalem

The Roof, ME Madrid Reina Victoria Hotel

Have you been to any of these wanderlust-worthy destinations?

Or are they on the bucket list?

One day I will make it to Greece and Spain!

Images via Architectural Digest

Desiring an online space to explore well-rounded, inspired content in all topics she loves most, Erika created 'The E List' (formerly the Small Shop blog) in 2010. When not enjoying an “occasional" glass of wine and wanderlusting for even warmer climates, Erika can be found sharing laughs with friends and family, and trying her very best to keep up with her 6-year old daughter (yet failing miserably).

Hollydusnet@gmail.com' Heather M. says:

The photo of Athens took my breath away! I went to Spain years ago after college but Italy is next up on my list. Florence looks incredible (sigh) :-)

dulaneyalison@gmail.com' Alison says:

This is a fabulous round-up, Athens and Rome looks dreamy!

charlottesmyers@gmail.com' Charlotte says:

Gorgeous post- one of my favorites! Just pinned nearly every place. I’m working my way through NY’s rooftop bars this summer, but they’re not nearly as pretty.

kirbyandalexa@gmail.com' Alexa says:

These are all gorgeous!That one in Bangkok looks wild…but I almost prefer the little garden/patio inspired ones, like the one in Rome. Ahhh to be in Rome right now with a glass of chianti in hand! :) Happy Wednesday!

Livesimplybyannie@gmail.com' Annie says:

Too cool!!!! I think Chamonix, France wins for me as the absolute coolest/takes your breath away, while that little spot in Rome is perfectly charming in that way only places in Italy can be 😉

6. Gorgeous love all of these. I’ve been to the rooftop bar of The Hassler in Rome it has a stunning view.

fancyfreemeblog@gmail.com' Elisa says:

There really isn’t anything better than sipping cocktails atop a roof at sundown. There’s something about being above all the hubbub that really takes my mind away from the mess of reality.

tinacanc@gmail.com' molly says:

whoa i am suffering wanderlust now for sure! i dream of going to istanbul – it’s on the list! 😉

9. Wow. These places are absolutely breathtaking. Writing them all down. Definitely need to take a visit one of these days.

TheNativeNewYawker.com

10. I’ve been to the Standard rooftop in NYC – but I think if I had to pick one (or two) I’d try the tapas bar in San Miguel or the Terrazza in Florence. Gorgeous!

info@thedpages.com' DPAGES says:

Fantastic post and great inspiration for future travel plans.